Variations on a theme of Hummus …….Red Pepper & paprika ( no 1)
It is getting to that time of year in the Algarve, when it is too hot to be in the kitchen for long during the day, and with the lovely sunny days you want to make the most of the time outside.
Hummus is a great staple to have in the fridge. Perfect for having with salads in wraps and as a dip, and to grab as a quick and healthy lunch or snack.
It is one of my favourite quick and easy foods to have, and there is normally a tub of it in the fridge.
There are so many different ways in which to vary hummus and I have been challenged with coming up with 101 variations so this is the first and look out for another 100 in the coming weeks and months 🙂
This recipe can be prepared whilst making your morning cup of coffee it really is that quick. All you need to do is put all the ingredients into a food processor and blend, or use a hand held blender ( but if you are going to be blending your coffee & coconut oil make sure you wash it first !! )
- Drained can / jar of chick peas
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- Jar of red peppers – drained and use 4 pieces so it is the equivalent of 2 peppers
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Olive oil ( if you are like me and don't measure much it is about 4 good glugs, or around 1/2 cup)
- Water – add as required at the end if it needs a little more liquid
- Blend all the ingredients together, adding the oil bit by bit. To get the desired consitency either add more oil if necessary or you can add some water to it.
- Serve with vegetables to dip into. Spread on a slice of ham or turkey and roll up as a wrap, or just dunk a carrot.